Don’t miss the opportunity to see local farms and vineyards, bake your own “Puri” bread or make “Churchkhela” – traditional candy made from grape must and nuts. Local social enterprise Kakheti Village Tours located in Leliani village offers following seasonal workshops and tours:
- Grape picking / vineyard tour (20 GEL/10 USD per person)
- Cooking classes (price varies depending on the food items)
- Organic farm tours (for free)
- Churchkhela and Tone’s Bread making workshop
- Beekeeping workshop (20 GEL/10 USD per person)
- Jam/muraba making workshop (10 GEL/5 USD per person)
- Campoti making workshop (10 GEL/5 USD per person)
- Tkemali making workshop (10 GEL/5 USD per person)
- Dairy workshop (15 GEL/5 USD per person)
- Traditional georgian feast (price varies depending on the food items)
- Dinner/lunch in the vineyard (price varies depending on the type of food items)
- Fishing in Alazani river (15 GEL/7 USD per person)
90% of the money spent goes directly to the host families and the locals who are responsible for the workshops and tours. For further information check the website https://kakhetivillagetours.weebly.com/ or contact the organisation at KakhetiVillageTours@gmail.com
Are you into fishing? Visit a fish farm in the village Heretiskari where you can accommodate yourself in newly built wooden huts and enjoy fishing in nearby lakes.
Taste a locally brewed beer right at the brewery in Apeni. There is also a restaurant attached to the brewery that serves excelled beef khinkhalis!